1. Raise your bed with risers. The higher the better, because you’ll want to maximize every bit of space you have. This gives you room for under-bed storage for shoes, off-season clothes, and extra sheets and towels.
2. Think vertically and utilize wall space. Often there is extra wall space above the bed or over the desk, where you can install shelves that are great for books, photo albums, and decorative knick-knacks.
3. Bins and baskets and containers—oh, my! Having everything sorted and in its proper compartment will save you time and space. Be sure to buy a vessel (or 10) to hold your makeup, a place to store school supplies, and a three-drawer unit for underwear, socks, and bras.
4. Use the over-the-door space. Purchase a clear shoe-storage unit for the back of the door to keep shoes, jewelry, toiletries, cleaning supplies, or even snacks. These perfectly sized compartments are great for stowing a plethora of items.
5. Get crafty with the closet. If you need more room for hanging items, a rod-doubler will transform the space into a double-hanging closet. If it’s more folding space you need, drawers or hanging sweater bags will do the trick.
Read the full article on glam.com.